- In English: https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~0152c976046fda268c
- In Russian: https://moikrug.ru/vacancies/1000031941
- You can email your resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you play Screeps, make sure to specify your in-game nickname!
You can find the requirements in the job posting below.
Our small 3-person team needs one more developer to work on a huge number of development plans. We are fully Russian-speaking, so we need someone able to communicate with us in our native language. However, some level of English is required both for reading and writing internal documentation, as well as communication with our community in writing. You may not have oral English skills.
The game code is partially open-sourced which means that the significant part of your commits will be stored in your public GitHub portfolio.
The work is remote, so you need to be self-disciplined and initiative even when no clear tasks are available.
You can work either full-time or part-time, payment is per hour based on time tracking.
We use the MEAN stack. It means that you need to have:
- Deep knowledge of Node.js, good understanding of npm infrastructure and best practices of writing apps using Express.
- Ability to write a quality, optimized code in ES2015, debug memory leaks and performance bottlenecks, understand specifics of V8 including runtime flags, managing memory and GC specifics in JS.
- Experience with high-load distributed applications (our game cluster currently consists of 31 dedicated servers).
- Experience with MongoDB and Redis under the load of tens of thousands queries per second.
- Experience with AngularJS 1.x (with plans to upgrade to Angular 2). Your portfolio must contain big projects built on the paradigm of Single-Page Application.
- Understanding of AngularJS performance bottlenecks, ability to optimize DOM, skills with Timeline browser tool.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, good visual taste and attention to detail.
- Love of strategic games and knowledge of their specifics is a bonus.